Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My car is definitely a beater now.

Last week my car rolled over 200,000 miles. That has to make my car a beater, right? I bought it in Feburary of 2000 new. Back when I was young and had a totally different outlook on money. Today my view of cars and money is totally different. I don't think I'll buy another new car again.

I have to admit I do hate my car, but I don't hate it enough to buy another car yet. The car gets great gas mileage and is in great shape. Over the coarse of the last year besides oil changes I probably spent only $600 on maintenance on it. That is less that 2 car payments. That is way cheaper than buying a new car.

After we are passed baby step 3, we'll save up money and buy a used car to replace my old beater. But until that day comes, my beater will do just fine.